The PAS91 PQQ standard was commissioned by Government and developed by the British Standards Institute (BSI) with the objective of streamlining and lowering the cost of prequalification in construction procurement processes. PAS91 does this by defining a standard construction industry PQQ set.
What Builder’s Profile service and PAS91 question-set does, is allow contractors and subcontractors to collaborate more effectively by sharing information efficiently. This reduces the need for suppliers to complete multiple PQQs by around 80%.
Builder’s Profile (UK) Ltd were instrumental members of the Steering Group responsible for the development of the PAS91 specification.
For further information about PAS 91 and how our latest feature release can manage your supply chain’s PAS 91 alignment, please give our Main Contractor Services team a call on 01305 898792.
Builder’s Profile is now aligned to the latest PAS 91:2013+A1:2017 Amendment; BSI offer the following guidance.
What is this PAS about?
It provides a standard list of the questions that are typically asked of suppliers at the prequalification stage of construction tendering.
Who is this PAS for?
It is for use in the construction sector, specifically:
- Buyers’ agents
Why should you use this PAS?
The PAS reduces the administrative burden for both suppliers and buyers. Its use will benefit suppliers because:
- Less time is taken interpreting and answering questions
- Better responses to the ‘core’ questions can be developed
- They can have greater confidence that questionnaires are completed correctly
- They can bid for more work
The PAS’s use will also benefit buyers and their agents because:
- Less time is taken creating questionnaires
- Higher quality responses are received
- More suppliers are likely to bid, creating more competition
- It may contribute to an organization’s Corporate Responsibility policy by reducing the burden on their suppliers
- It helps occasional buyers follow good practice straight away
The PAS is also in line with public sector policy as it helps small and medium sized suppliers to bid.
What’s changed since the last update?
This amendment is solely to ensure that the PAS aligns with new legislation, in particular changes to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. The amendments also address requirements of the European Single Procurement Document (ESPD).
Sign up and be seen
Sign-up for a PAS-91 2017 aligned Subcontractor Premium Profile now and be instantly accessible to over 70% UK estimators, surveyors and buyers.CREATE ACCOUNT