Main Contractor Service Terms and Conditions
Last Revised – 12th Feb 2019
These terms and conditions govern your membership of the Builder’s Profile service. Please read them carefully. If you do not agree with them, please contact our Support Desk before proceeding. We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions from time to time. Your use of the service through account creation or account logon subsequent to the last revision date (see above) is deemed to be your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
The law of England and Wales will apply to this agreement.
‘You’, ‘Your’: refer to your limited company or other business entity.
‘Controller’, ‘Data Controller’, ‘Processor’, ‘Data Subject’, ‘Joint Controller’, ‘Personal Data’, ‘Processing’: are appropriate technical and organisational terms.
‘Data Protection Laws’: Data Protection Act 1998 and any related legislation or regulation including the GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation..
‘Data Providers’: refer to any organisation that submits their company Profile to you using Builder’s Profile. This can include subcontractor, supplier, designer, consultant, etc. ‘Relevant Parties’ – These may include but are not limited to: clients, main contractors; HM Government departments etc.
‘Data Users’: refer to any persons with a created logon to your Builder’s Profile system. ‘Profile Data’ – refer to data submitted by Data Providers.
‘Data’: refer to data entered by Data Users.
Builder’s Profile Membership
Membership of the Builder’s Profile service enables you to collect and maintain your supply chain member corporate information and PQQ supporting documentation through the Builder’s Profile online portal.
Membership provides a range of benefits and efficiency savings. These are detailed on our website www.buildersprofile.co.uk and may change from time to time as new benefits are added.
Responsibilities and Liabilities
Neither party shall exclude or restrict its liability in connection with the Builder’s Profile service resulting from death or personal injury caused by negligence.
Your Responsibilities and Liabilities
We communicate important account and system information to you by email and you are required to provide a valid email address for all data users to receive communications where applicable:
- Logon creation confirmations
- System workflow notifications
- New feature descriptions
- System update or maintenance notifications
You allow us to use your company and logo on our website. You agree that the data collected on your behalf will not be sold, rented or given by you to any third party once it is in your possession.
By using the Main Contractor service, you confirm to accept a Builder’s Profile as a corporate PQQ and you will not require Builder’s Profile Members to complete any other form of PQQ containing the same information. This is to ensure we are not making invalid claims to our Members.
Our Responsibilities and Liabilities
The Builder’s Profile service is designed to facilitate collaboration and the sharing of ‘Data Providers’ information:
- We are responsible for ensuring that Profile data and data information is securely stored.
- We are responsible for making data provider’s Profile data accessible to you when they grant permission via submission
- We are not responsible and have no liability for when data providers make the Profile data available to you.
- We will not sell Profile data or data to any third-party organisation
- We will provide email reminders to data providers when important dated information becomes out of date
- None of the Profile data submitted specifically to you or data entered by you will be visible to other Main Contractor users of the service.
- The data collected on your behalf will not be sold, rented or given to any third party by Builder’s Profile without the data supplier’s consent
- All data collected on behalf of your Company will remain the property of your Company. We will store it and make it available to you via a web-browser system and/or deliver it to you in your chosen format. Even if you stop using the Profile service, this data will remain yours and remain accessible to you.
- We appoint an account manager who will assist you in managing the configurable system features
- One to one telephone training for users is carried out by our Support Team.
- All support questions or technical issues should be logged with our Support Team on 01305 897448
Data Protection, Privacy and Security
Builder’s Profile meets its legal requirements including those applicable to personal data under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We operate in accordance with our Data Privacy Statement. Builder’s Profile is committed to protecting the security of its information systems in order to ensure that:
- All online data storage is secure and only accessible to those entitled to access it
- All processing of personal data is transparent
- All personal data is handled in line with the GDPR and our Data Privacy Statement
- The integrity of software is maintained, up to date and fit for purpose
- Information is always available to those who need it and there is no disruption to the service/li>
GDPR requires us to detail the Personal Data we collect; the lawful basis under which it is processed; and the Data Subject’s rights to access, amend and erase it. All of this is contained in our Data Privacy Statement which should be read in conjunction with these Terms and Conditions.
We may collect information from you which constitutes ‘Personal Data’. ‘Personal Data’ will be used for purposes as specified in our Data Privacy Statement.
Each party undertakes to comply with its obligations under relevant applicable Data Protection and GDPR Laws. You acknowledge and agree that you have the lawful basis under Data Protection and GDPR laws for providing us with or allowing us to collect from you the personal data required for the purposes and processes defined in our Data Privacy Statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these terms and conditions are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Main Contractor Services
Builder’s Profile (UK) Limited
Basepoint Business Centres
15 Jubilee Close
Or sent via email to: email@example.com
Sign up and be seen
Sign-up for a PAS-91 2017 aligned Subcontractor Premium Profile now and be instantly accessible to over 70% UK estimators, surveyors and buyers.CREATE ACCOUNT